Recently, my wife made a wonderful chicken and dumplings soup, which was quickly devoured by us all. Not only was it tasty, it was comforting and soothing. There are many kinds of food like that, wouldn’t you agree? Some that I can think of:
- A well-made cup of tea (favorites include Irish or English breakfast teas)
- Mashed potatoes
- Beef stew
- Eggs and bacon (I prefer fried, over easy)
- Soft-boiled eggs with butter, salt, and pepper to taste
- Fresh-baked bread
- Clam chowder
- Split pea soup
- Homemade macaroni and cheese
- Grilled cheese sandwiches (I always have them with jam on top)
- Green bean casserole
As I jotted those ideas down, I realized how many of these comfort foods are highly starchy and not very healthy — oh well.
What would you put on the list?